Due to our mature membership base, we have many members with young children who can listen in on the conversations. In addition, we have members from a diverse selection of countries and ethnic backgrounds. So please be respectful and obey the following TeamSpeak rules. Thank You!
- No swearing or cursing. We realize it is difficult to avoid the occasional slip, but everyone must make a concerted effort to limit it.
- No off-color humor, sexual innuendos, or anything that you feel may be offensive.
- Do not talk excessively or for a long period without pause. Make your point quickly and allow others to speak. Be a good listener, others want to talk too!
- Please use either Push to Talk or manually mute your microphone except when you are speaking to avoid background noise.
- Similar to rule 4 above, if you have issues with reverb/echo from your mic, use the two echo reduction options in Teamspeak's Capture settings
- Please take dungeon party, AvA, or focused discussions into one of the other channels so as to not overly tie up the general chat channel.
- Violations of our TeamSpeak rules will be handled as any other violation of Guild rules.
The BoR forums have sections open to the public as well as restricted areas for members. Although the public is welcome to post, we have some guidelines as to what you may post and where. By posting a message on our forums, you agree to this set of rules. At the time of this posting we have never had any issues with posts and this has been a great community. We are offering up these rules to ensure it stays that way. With that in mind, we welcome your posts and your conversation on our forums!
1. Please post in the correct forum for your topic, and only post in the Public forums those topics that are suitable for public view.
2. Please see if there already is a topic in the correct forum for what you want to discuss, and if so, consider replying to that thread to keep things neat and orderly.
3. Please do not use offensive language, post hateful or illegal materials, or otherwise break our Guild Rules of Conduct when you post or reply.
4. Please do not post recruitment ads for other guilds or games unless you have been given permission by the Council to do so.
5. When posting content with images, please ensure they are not too large to fit on the forum which can cause user interface issues for members.
6. Do not continually 'bump' a thread to garner attention, and do not 'troll' (trolling is trying to incite anger in another).
Any violations of the forum rules will be dealt with by the Council or their appointed moderators. Possible actions include a warning, to editing, moving, or deleting a post or thread, up to banning your username and IP address, depending upon severity.
Thank you for your understanding, and enjoy our forums!
Brotherhood of Redemption Guild Rules of Conduct
The Brotherhood subscribes to the philosophy of do unto others that you would have done to yourself. All brethren are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which shines respectfully upon the Brotherhood. To that end, the following Rules of Conduct must be adhered to by all members while in-game, or on this or other game related websites:
1. Please treat everyone respectfully, regardless of difference in style of play, race, gender, political or religious beliefs, sexual preference, country of origin, server, Alliance, or Guild affiliation. Remember our Virtues of Honor, Respect, Compassion, Humility, and Valor in your actions and words.
2. We request that you type or speak clearly in English, and also be able to clearly understand both spoken and typewritten English. We prefer members to use the voice chat system when in groups if conditions at home permit. Our play style is such that it is easier to communicate via voice than typing, and it is preferred by the guild as a whole. And please...no shortcut typing or cursing.
3. Treasure belongs to you as the finder, it is yours to do with as you wish. If you do not want the loot nor the coin from selling it, the guild will have a treasury in place to aid the brethren within its halls. Donating unwanted items or coin to the guild will greatly be appreciated, but never required.
4. Guild events and meetings will be announced on our website, and are always optional. Real life always takes precedence and no one shall be penalized in any fashion for failure to attend any event. Be welcome amongst us when you can!
5. Anyone who desires to join our guild must be a minimum of 17 years of age and understand they will undergo a 14 day probationary period. Access to the Guild Bank and Guild Store will be limited during the probationary period. If either the new member or the Elder Council feels the arrangement is not a good fit during the probationary period, both sides agree to part ways amicably. If a person transfers from another chapter of the guild this rule does not apply; their acceptance is guaranteed by recognition.
6. Even though we are an adult oriented guild, we understand that members at times might want their children or other relatives who are under our 'legal age' of joining to be a part of their gaming experience. Normally, these underage individuals can not join the BoR, but if the member takes responsibility for them, they may join as a Squire of the guild. In Essence, the person, until he/she reached 17, can participate in guild events so long as their Member sponsor does as well. The Squire will not be able to access the bank or use the kiosk when the guild has one as these assets can only be used by full members of the guild. As for usage of our Teamspeak Server, a Squire can access any Channel, but will only be able to talk in designated channels. These Channels are the Squire Channel and any Channel that is used for Grouping. if there's any situation that is not covered by this rule, the Elder Council will decide the outcome and then make any changes to this rule as necessary.
7. Any member with an ongoing issue with another person must immediately bring the problem to an Elder Council member. Real life issues with players (such as somebody owing another member money) shall not be brought into the game or website.
8. An honorable guild must maintain honorable play. In this light, any brethren found using exploits or third party auto leveling software, hacking or selling accounts, revealing others passwords, or otherwise breaking the Zenimax Code of Conduct or the Closed Beta NDA if applicable, may be punished or expelled from the Brotherhood after a review by the Elder Council. This restriction does not apply to crafting or leveling planners, puzzle trainers, or accidental or involuntary use of software.
9. Any member suspected of violation of the rules may receive instant punishments from any Elder Council member that can vary based upon severity up to a 3-day temporary suspension, until the Elder Council can review the violation. Any punishments may be renewed if the member has not been reasonably available to discuss the event with the Elder Council.
10. Due to the ESO guild size limitations, we must implement attendance requirements. Every member must logon to ESO in-game at least once every 90 days, or they could be removed at Elder Council discretion should the guild fill to capacity and another applicant be approved to join the Guild. For those who expect to have a deployment, sabbatical, or other lengthy absence of more than 90 days, all that is required is to post on the AFK thread in regards to such and you will be retained. For absences shorter than 90 days, posting on the thread is encouraged, but not required.
11. With the advent of Tamriel One, an individual can have characters from any of the 3 Alliances in the PvE environment and still share in guild events and activities with other guild members. But, AvA activity does require that the guild and all it's members align it and themselves with one alliance. We have and always shall be aligned with the Daggerfall Covenant (DC) and, therefore, expect all members to be as such aligned. Any member who fails to show alignment with DC shall be given ample warning to switch said alignment. If, after a specified period of time, that player has not changed to DC, he or she will be expelled from the guild. The time period will be determined based on which campaign that player is currently playing... since they have different lengths of time, we will be flexible in giving said player time to fix the issue.
Edit: Added Rule 9 based upon Council vote. 5-17-2014 Edit: Clarified probationary information in Rule 5 to better reflect the actual probationary period. 5-30-2014
Added Rule 10 based upon Council vote, 2-11-2015. Edit: Modified Rule #5 to clarify minimum age, 6-10-2015. Added Rule 6 based upon Council vote, 8/28/16.
Edit: Changed Rule 11 to reflect new philosophy of Tamriel One as per Council Vote, 9/30/16