Transmutation has been added toElder Scrolls Onlinein the base game update of Clockwork City!
What is transmutation?
Transmutation is the system in place that allows you to change the trait on gear. You can transmute weapons and armor.
What is needed to transmute something?
First you need a weapon or piece of armor you would like to change the trait on. You will also need 50 transmute crystals, and you need to have already researched the trait you’d like to change it to. For example, let’s say you have an axe in precise, that you would like to change to infused. You need to have completed researching infused on axes.
What is research?
Researching items allows you to craft items with a specific trait, craft set pieces, and transmute gear to that trait! I have avideo guide on researchingyou can watch to learn more.
How do I get transmute crystals?
You break open Transmute geodes! “Transmutation Geodes” always give a set amount of crystals, while “Uncracked Transmutation Geodes” give you a random number of crystals (between two numbers). The higher quality the geode, the more crystals it will give you. You can get these geodes by…
Guaranteed Geode/Crystal Drop
- Veteran Undaunted Pledge
- Your first completedrandomdungeon through the Grouping Tool per day (normal or veteran)
- Trial Weekly Quests (5 crystals – normal or vet)
- Battleground Leaderboards
- Cyrodiil (AvA) Leaderboards (7 day – 10 crystals, 30 day – 50 crystals)
- Veteran Maelstrom Arena (4 crystals)
- Veteran Dragonstar Arena (5 crystals)
- First rewards for the worthy mail of the day (Large Uncracked Transmutation Geode, 4-25 crystals)
Chance of Geode/Crystal Drop
- Completing a random dungeon through the grouping tool (after your first of the day, on normal or vet)
- Final boss in a dungeon (can be normal or vet, vet has a much better chance)
- Rewards for the worthy (after your first rewards for the worthy of the day)
Anything else I should know about transmute crystals and geodes?
Transmute geodes are considered a container, therefore cannot be banked, traded or sold. You also can not stack geodes. Once a geode is opened, the transmute crystals are automatically added to your currency. Crystals are a currency (not an inventory item) that is accessible by all your characters. No need to “bank” crystals you received on your main character so your crafter can use them. Everyone can hold up to 100 crystals at a time,ESO+ subscribers can keep up to 200 crystals.
Where do I go to transmute something?
You need to visit a transmutation station. There is one located in the Brass Fortress, which is the main city area of the Clockwork City DLC. You can also purchase a station from Rolis Hlaalu for 1250 vouchers, and place it in your home. If you have a friend with a transmutation station in their house you have access to, you can also use theirs.